SLJ – Groove pizza – kickstart – #1

Hey bloggers ,

Happy school holidays! This year i have decided that i would like to do the summer learning journey because i get really bored at home and in the previous year the summer learning journey has kept me really entertained. Today task i got to use a new app call groove pizza. We got to create a beat in groove pizza using angles , shapes or a pattern. For my beat i used angles since recently my math class have been working on angles . There were 5 different type of music you got to choose from.  The options were Afro – Latin , Hip – Hop , Jazz , Rock and Techno. I chose hip hop but i think techno would have been good too. I really enjoyed this task because it unleashed my creativity with music .  Do you think i could had to it?

Here is my music !

One thought on “SLJ – Groove pizza – kickstart – #1

1. Mōrena Neha,

It is so great to see you starting off your summer learning journey with one of my favourite activities!!

I love the Groove Pizza activity because I use it in my classroom to teach my kids some cool musical coding skills and they make the most awesome beats.

It looks like you had a lot of fun making this beat and it does sound awesome, my favourite bit has got to be the “ting, ting” sound, what instrument do you think makes that sound? You did an awesome job describing this activity and your experience completing it as well as asking a positive and engaging question, all parts of an outstanding blog post!!

I look forward to seeing your step it up post, I hope you have come up with an awesome DJ name?

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ